Saturday, November 1, 2014

Smooth Criminal (Hey Annie)



Oh Annie!  Hey Annie!  Hey say it's not true!
I heard you've been struck by a criminal smooth!
He broke through the window, and entered apartment,
And did things so heinous, left blood stains on carpet.

So Annie please call back, and say it's not true.
So Annie do call back, and give me good news.
The sound of your sweet voice puts my heart at ease.
When message, you get this, do call back.  Oh please!

So Annie, please dial and say you're okay.
The rumors, I'm hearing, no mind I should pay!
Your phone was on silent, you heard it not ring.
Or just in the shower and call back first thing!

But I heard glass hit floor like piano crescendo,
And villain did enter by way of the window,
And then did accost you in your own apartment,
And when he did exit, were blood stains on carpet!

So just give a call back and say it's not true.
These fantasies made up of criminal smooth!
My image-ination, my thoughts ran away.
Your phone just lost charge, you're completely okay!

When message, you get this, do call back, I plead.
The sound of your sweet voice puts my heart at ease.
No villain did force you to flee to your bedroom.
No scoundrel did break door and bring you to your doom.

Hey Annie, I'm outside.  The one raising sin!
The cops are so callous, they won't let me in!
I know that you're up there, just call back, I pray!
The sound of your sweet voice, just say you're okay.

--------------------------

I think everybody knows this song, here's my manic, spoken word remix in anapestic tetrameter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment