Sunday, November 23, 2014

Criminal Smooth: The Introduction



I'm villain.  I'm teflon.  I'm criminal smooth.
I'm nice to my friends, but don't get it confused.
Just struck girl named Annie.  Did you hear the news?
'Cause debts, if you have them, I'm coming for you.

And debts, if you have them, don't bother to plead.
I've heard it before and there's really no need.
"Just give me more time, I will pay you next week."
If payment, you had it, you wouldn't see me.

But payment, you haven't.  Don't lie, 'cause I know.
I'll take lamentations in lieu of the dough.
And screaming and pleading and curse me a foe.
Extracting your debts from account of your woe.

Dubbed villain.  Dubbed teflon.  Dubbed criminal smooth.
But really yourself that invite such abuse.
You spent beyond means and then want it for free.
If payment, you had it, you wouldn't see me.

So next time be frugal, don't take lest you earn.
This lesson so painful, I do hope you learn.
'Cause good guys don't issue the credit so yearned.
And bad guys, oh how we love watching you burn!

The one's that say no, are your friend not your foe.
And though we say yes, we're the curse you dub bless.
Delayed it by time, but true colors they shine.
The dawn it comes late, and such woe comes your fate.

And now I've arrived, the great sum of your fears.
Which cannot be drowned by an ocean of beers.
Your wails are melodic and soothing to ears.
And me?  I'm conductor of symphony:  tears.

There's not a free lunch, please don't get it confused.
If you couldn't pay back, then should never have used.
I execute justice yourself have accused.
I'm villain.  I'm teflon.  I'm criminal smooth.

----------------

Was just thinking of the last piece I did on Smooth Criminal and figured we don't know anything about who this smooth criminal is so then thought of telling his story.  Anapestic tetrameter is starting to come naturally now.

1 comment: