Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Grenade (Bruno Mars Cover)



What's easy to come is too easy to go.
Inescapable truth that gives birth to my woe.
In hindsight, so clearly, I should have known this.
Your eyes were wide open the first time we kissed!

And you take and you take and you never did give.
I imagine you're heartless as long as you live.
And when you get back to the place that you're from,
Do tell Mr Satan that this round he won.

You said that you love me, but you are a liar.
If my body caught flames you'd throw gas on the fire!
And despite all of this, or perhaps it's because:
My darling I'm giving you all of my love.

And so it's for you, I would catch a grenade.
Throw both of my hands right on top of a blade.
I'd throw my own body in front of a train.
I'd endure all of  this, even much greater pain.

'Cause darling, for you, I would lay down and die.
I'd do this although you would bat not an eye.
For you, yes my darling, I'd catch a grenade.
And yes, even though, you would do not the same!

--------------------

Here's a poetry version of Grenade by Bruno Mars.  Anapestic tetrameter, for your tuesday enjoyment


No comments:

Post a Comment