Saturday, January 22, 2011

Intercession



Below Lotus
Kneeling
Bended knee.
Buddha, won't you
intercede?

We've weaved a mess here
in the muck.
Buddha, won't you
lift us up?

Silence
came the poignant reply.
Buddha! Rescue!
Lest we die!

A silence that crosses
time and space.
Buddha! We beg you!
Bestow your grace!

Buddha,
give us right reprieve!
Our enemies chase,
abuse, deceive!

Buddha!
Come!
Deliver us!
To the pristine lotus
beyond this muck.

You ask for what
you do not know.
And beg for grace
I did bestow.

Bestow I did,
but not your taste.
So kneeling, you beg
some other grace.

But there is no other
grace than this.
If you want the lotus
endure the shit.

Did you think
there was some other way?
If so, I'd have given it
yesterday!

Fake fertilizer
smells so sweet.
Yet die from cancer
before we meet.

You ask for gardens,
but not manure.
You want results
but can't endure.

You beg my mercy.
My mercy's this:
You beg for flowers;
I bless you shit.

My intercession
has already come.
The dawning of the
Bodhi Sun.

Get ready.
I tax you
further still.
Chase, besiege,
ground through the mill.

Below Lotus
Kneeling
Bended knee.
Buddha, won't you
intercede?

No comments:

Post a Comment